I'm a dedicated sample hunter. I came across the site back in 2008 looking for a music sample database. After looking through many databases, I found WhoSampled, and I've been hooked ever since.
I'm open to most genres, and most music in general. But the genre that stands out to me the most is none other than electronic music. Dance music, ambient music, plunderphonics, almost all kinds of electronic. Some of my favorite artists in the genre include the Avalanches, DJ Shadow, Fatboy Slim, Moby, the Orb and the Prodigy.
Also a sucker for space-themed music, hip-hop music (e.g. the Beastie Boys, Public Enemy and Kanye West) and some rock music (e.g. Beck, Coldplay, the Dave Matthews Band, Franz Ferdinand, R.E.M. and the Red Hot Chili Peppers).
1. Currently adding every U.S. one-hit wonder (that meets the Billboard criteria) on Whosampled.
- A list of tracks I haven't found links to: http://www.last.fm/user/hornblare/journal/2010/07/27/3swvgm_adding_every_u.s._one-hit_wonder_on_whosampled.com?editsuccess=1
2. Looking for some tracks. Please feel free to PM me if you'd like to inform me of an online link to any of the following, or have some MP3s you're willing to share.
- Ed Durlacher- "Modern Dynamite Physical Fitness Activities"
- Production Music Beds mm 123- "Heavy Dramatic Track"
- James Mtume - "Beyond Forever" (full version)
- BBC Radiophonic Workshop/Dick Mills - "The Book's Activation Code"
- The Orb - "Turn It Down" (Cydonia Demo V1)
- The Orb - "Ghostdancing" (Cydonia Demo V1)
- The Orb - "Promis" (Cydonia Demo V1)
- "Paul Revere's Ride" from the 1958 LP Great Adventures That Built America
- Brian Davies with Rodgers and Hammerstein II- "Younger Than Springtime"
- Hush - "Journey to Your Eyes"
- The Secret - "Darkest Techno Dream"
- Robert Anderson - "King Jesus"
- The Five Trumpets - "Lord I Want to Be a Christian"
- Curtis Knight and the Zodiacs - "Sea of Time"
- Kon Kan's I Beg Your Pardon sample of Elmer Bernstein's The Magnificent Seven Theme
- Cypress Hill's Insane in the Brain sample of Mel & Tim's Good Guys Only Win in the Movies
- Fatboy Slim's Fucking in Heaven sample of The Jaggerz's The Rapper
- Big Audio Dynamite's Rush sample of Pigmeat Markham's Here Comes the Judge
- Unkle's Celestial Annihilation sample of Toddy Tee feat. Mix Master Spade's Do You Wanna Go to the Liquor Store
- Cledus T. Judd's A Night I Can't Remember cover of Joe Diffie's A Night to Remember
- Chanté Moore's Chante's Got a Man (So So Def Remix) remix of Chanté Moore's Chante's Got a Man
- Arlene Bailey's Two Teadrops cover of Steve Wariner's Two Teardrops
- Dave Hollister's My Favorite Girl (I'm Sorry) (Remix) remix of Dave Hollister's My Favorite Girl
- Graham Blvd's Heaven Help Me cover of Deon Estus's Heaven Help Me
- Everlast's What It's Like (Clean Album Edit) sample of T La Rock and Jazzy Jay's It's Yours
- Jordan Knight's Give It to You (10° Below Musique Vocals) remix of Jordan Knight's Give It to You
- Marilyn Manson's Down in the Park sample of John Carpenter's This Is Not a Dream
- Jesse Powell's You (Darkchild Remix) remix of Jesse Powell's You
- Mark Chesnutt's I Don't Want to Miss a Thing cover of Aerosmith's I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
- LMC's Don't Let Go sample of New Radicals's You Get What You Give
- DJ Shadow's Stem/Long Stem/Transmission 2 sample of John Carpenter's This Is Not a Dream
- DJ Shadow's What Does Your Soul Look Like (Part 1 - Blue Sky Revisit) / Transmission 3 sample of John Carpenter's This Is Not a Dream
- DJ Shadow's Changeling / Transmission 1 sample of John Carpenter's This Is Not a Dream
- Graham Blvd's Lullaby cover of Shawn Mullins's Lullaby
- Everything's Hooch sample of James Brown's Funky President
- Brian Setzer Orchestra's Jump Jive An' Wail cover of Louis Prima's Jump Jive An' Wail
- Pressha's Splackavellie (Red Zone Remix) remix of Pressha's Splackavellie
- Cleopatra's Cleopatra's Theme (U.S. Club Mix) remix of Cleopatra's Cleopatra's Theme
- Cleopatra's Cleopatra's Theme (U.S. Club Mix) sample of One Way's Cutie Pie
- Cleopatra's Cleopatra's Theme (U.S. Club Mix) sample of Boz Scaggs's Lowdown
- Cleopatra's Cleopatra's Theme (U.S. Club Mix) sample of Lyn Collins's Think (About It)
- Five's When the Lights Go Out (U.S. Remix) remix of Five's When the Lights Go Out
- The Silverwood Quartet's The Mummers' Dance cover of Loreena McKennitt's The Mummers' Dance
- Jimmy Ray's Are You Jimmy Ray? (Xenomania Club Mix) remix of Jimmy Ray's Are You Jimmy Ray?
- The Ohio University Leading Tones's Brick cover of Ben Folds Five's Brick
- Billie Myers's Kiss the Rain (TP2K Bonus Beats) remix of Billie Myers's Kiss the Rain
- Girl Talk's LC and Lo sample of Black Box feat. Martha Wash's Everybody Everybody
- Girl Talk's LC and Lo sample of Billy Joel's Uptown Girl
- Girl Talk's LC and Lo sample of CeCe Peniston's Finally
- Girl Talk's LC and Lo sample of The Doobie Brothers's What a Fool Believes
- Girl Talk's LC and Lo sample of Salt-N-Pepa's Push It
- Girl Talk's LC and Lo sample of Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam's Head to Toe
- Girl Talk's LC and Lo sample of W.G. Walden's My So-Called Life Theme
- She Moves's Breaking All the Rules (Berman Brothers Dance Mix) remix of She Moves's Breaking All the Rules
- Boyce Avenue's If You Could Only See cover of Tonic's If You Could Only See
- Static Major's Infatuated sample of Playa's Cheers 2 U
- Static Major's Infatuated sample of Jodeci's Forever My Lady
- Static Major's Infatuated sample of Jodeci's What About Us
- Static Major's Infatuated sample of Jodeci's Feenin'
- Static Major's Infatuated sample of LSG's My Body
- Static Major's Infatuated sample of R. Kelly's Sex Me
- Static Major's Infatuated sample of Ginuwine's So Anxious
- Vitamin String Quartet's Criminal cover of Fiona Apple's Criminal
- U.S. Army Field Band's The Impression That I Get cover of The Mighty Mighty Bosstones's The Impression That I Get
- Mr. President's Coco Jamboo (Mousse T.'s Club Mix - Radio Edit) remix of Mr. President's Coco Jamboo
- Graham Blvd's All for You cover of Sister Hazel's All for You
- J. Steinkoler Quartet's Sunny Came Home cover of Shawn Colvin's Sunny Came Home
- Trisha Yearwood's How Do I Live cover of LeAnn Rimes's How Do I Live
- Le Click's Call Me (Dance Mix) remix of Le Click's Call Me